We are an organization with an aim of spreading information about new religious phenomena and expanding the civil society values built on trust and tolerance in Lithuania.
We are a non-governmental, non-political, non-sectarian, non-profit organization.
New Religions Research and Information Center (NRTIC) was established on January 18, 2001 because of a clear need for objective, comprehensive information on the profile of new religiosity in Lithuania.
The founders of the Center are specialists working in the fields of psychology, law, religious studies, sociology of religion, philosophy of religion, Church history, and theology.
1. to provide objective information about NRMs (NRMs – sects, cults, alternative religions, etc.), which enables people to act responsibly; decreasing social tensions that arise as a result of the activities of NRMs;
2. to help former and current members of NRMs to rebuild family ties and/or to receive qualified psychological and juridical help;
3. to expand a civil society built on trust and tolerance.
1. Gathering information about the expressions of New Religiosity in Lithuania and the other countries;
2. Analyzing the regimentation of the activities of non-traditional religions around the world;
3. Exploring the expressions of New Religiosity in Lithuania, supporting and coordinating research of this field in the institutions of higher learning of Lithuania;
4. Providing information about new religious phenomena to private and legal persons, organizations and institutions, warning about the possible consequences of the participation in some movements;
5. Helping people who have in some way been harmed while participating in an NRM to receive qualified psychological and legal help.